Thursday, November 16, 2017

#16 OPINION (LOCAL ISSUE)

Being an international student in SAU


I came to SAU in Spring 2015. Ever since then my experience here has been indeed a nice yet a confusing one. It has been nice because when I got here my sister was already studying here which made it easier for me to fit in. I was lucky enough to have her as my roommate as soon as I got here unlike everyone who would be assigned roommates in a random order. I was also aware of almost everything about SAU. My sister introduced me to her friends, I started interacting with other Freshmen and slowing I started fitting in to this University. At least that's what I thought.

But as days passed by here at SAU, I myself started learning new things about the University and people studying here. Some of the people I met and interacted with were very nice and friendly but it wouldn't be wrong to say that I have had some bad experiences as well. But as we know, wherever we go in life we are ought to have both good as well as bad experience so what I thought was even if I had some bad experiences, I would learn from it and move on and I did exactly that most of the time. So basically, my first semester was a good experience overall. I did have a lot of fun with my international buddies but I did become friends with many of the people from here as well. 

Now, I am in my 6th semester here at SAU and after all the semesters I can happily say that I did the right thing by choosing SAU. There isn't much to do here in Magnolia but in a way I think that is a good thing because it will be easier to graduate on time.


No comments:

Post a Comment